We are looking for a retail and operations associate to run our store two days a week, and assist in order fulfillment at our Atwater Village, Los Angeles studio. This six-month job represents an opportunity to get in on the ground at a fast-growing design company, in a vital customer-facing role. We’re an energetic, young, ambitious company with a social mission. We’re seeking a highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented candidate who will share our passion.
You will be responsible for full management of our store, including sales, as well as order fulfillment and inventory management. Outstanding organizational skills, superb verbal communication skills, and a can-do attitude are a must. You will report to our Operations Manager, Liza Stegall.
You will receive hourly compensation at a rate of $15/hour, with the opportunity for a bonus at the end of the six month term.
HOURS: 20-22 hours / week
Morning fulfillment work:
Monday & Weds 10-12pm (flexible)
Friday: 11am - 7pm
Saturday: 11 - 7pm
Immediately – June 1, 2020 (Six month position)
Retail Manager: run, manage, re-stock and organize store during shopping hours
- Open shop / make sure space is clean and organized
- Greet customers and maintain a friendly, helpful attitude
- Answer questions, offer assistance, and provide product information
- Manage transactions through our Shopify POS system (purchases, returns, and exchanges)
- Make sure displayed products are stocked and tidy
- Close store, ensure store is clean & organized at days’ end
- Prepare products for shipping (quality check, trim loose threads, fold, tag, wrap and package)
- Ensure that orders go out on time
- Open, check and restock returns & exchanges
- Restock and organize inventory shelves
- Assist in unpacking and quality check processing of shipments from production
- Assist in quality control process
- Create detailed rejection report for shipments
- Complete order audit to ensure we received all products expected
- Extremely detail-oriented and highly organized
- Experience in a sales / retail job
- Energetic and self-directed; able to work without supervision
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift approximately 25 pounds and comfortably be on feet all day; job is primarily physical work
- Ability to work in an open floor-plan, familial environment.
- Must live in the LA area, with easy availability to come to our future Atwater Village studio 3-4 days a week
THIS IS NOT A DESIGN JOB. This job is for you if you are a nut for details, love interacting with people, love keeping things organized, and have a can-do, sunshiny disposition. You don’t need to know anything about textiles or design.
Email us your resume and answer the following questions in 200 words or less (email@example.com):