BLOCK SHOP TEXTILES BUSINESS OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
Block Shop is a Los Angeles and Jaipur-based textile company founded by sisters Hopie and Lily Stockman. Our scarves and home textiles are made entirely by hand in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, where we work directly with small family-run studios of master printers and weavers. Block Shop’s mission is to make heirloom textiles while upholding the highest ethical and environmental standards in every step of the process. Our philosophy is to create art objects with function. We are currently a team of six women and two dogs in Los Angeles and over 30 artists in Jaipur.
We are looking for a part time business operations associate to run order fulfillment, inventory management and customer service at our studio in Los Angeles. This job represents an opportunity to get in on the ground at a fast-growing design company, in a vital operational role. We’re an energetic, young, ambitious company with a social mission. We’re seeking a highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented candidate who will share our passion.
You will be responsible for fulfilling online orders, inventory management, and managing shipments from India. Outstanding organizational skills, strong communication skills, and a can-do attitude are a must. You will report to our Operations Manager, Liza Stegall.
This is an in-person position. We are taking all CDC-suggested COVID safety precautions. We operate an exceptionally safe, clean work environment in a two-story, 2,500 square foot warehouse space. You will usually be the only person in the studio, and on occasion other team members may work in the adjoining space taking all social distancing precautions. We take great care to keep our employees safe, and our number one priority during the pandemic is our employees’ health and wellness.
Monday, Weds, Thurs, Friday, 15-20 hours / week
July 27 – Jan 1, 2021 (Six month employment)
- Order fulfillment: process all domestic and international orders
- Ensure that orders go out on time
- Pack and ship online orders
- Pack and ship wholesale orders
- Open, check and restock returns & exchanges
- Restock and organize inventory shelves
- Manage Fedex pickups
- Manage packing & office supplies
- Make sure displayed products are stocked and tidy
- Studio Maintenance: maintain the general cleanliness and organization around our studio.
- Errands: assist our team with supply pickups and dropoffs as needed / within COVID safety guidelines
- Shipment receiving
- Manage unpacking and quality check processing of shipments from production
- Manage quality control process
- Create detailed rejection report for shipments
- Complete order audit to ensure we received all products expected
You will use the following applications and programs: Shopify and Shipstation
- Extremely detail-oriented and highly organized
- Energetic and self-directed; able to work without supervision
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift approximately 25 pounds; job is primarily physical work
- Must live in the LA area, with easy availability to come to our Atwater Village studio 4-5 days a week
THIS IS NOT A DESIGN JOB. This job is for you if you are a nut for details, love keeping things organized, and have a can-do, sunshiny disposition. You don’t need to know anything about textiles or design.
Please send a short email about yourself and why you’d be a good fit for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach CV. Please list two work references.
MORE ABOUT BLOCK SHOP
Block Shop invests 5% of our profits in our biannual Community Health Camps in Jaipur.
Block Shop launched in December 2012 to immediate success. We are a growing business with high demand and a loyal following of global customers and +150k Instagram followers. Block Shop has been featured in T Magazine, Vogue, The Wall Street Journal, LA Times, New York Times, Dwell, and Architectural Digest, and is carried in over seventy stores across the US, Europe, and Japan.