PART TIME GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Block Shop Textiles is seeking a part-time graphic designer to join our Atwater studio. Attitude is everything. We are looking for an upbeat, problem-solving, self-motivated, proactive, extremely detail-oriented person to be an instrumental member of our growing team. Sunshiny disposition a must. You will be our design guru, responsible for all of Block Shop’s day-to-day graphic design –branding, web, collateral– and support Lily, Hopie, and our head designer Ainslee with their textile design process.
This is a part-time role, where you would come into our studio 2-3 days / week. Pay is hourly. The contract is for 3 months with the possibility to extend.
Please read the job description carefully and send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “GRAPHIC DESIGN JOB” with cover letter, CV (include professional reference), and short answers to the below questions. Typos and spelling errors disqualify; congeniality and verve inspire. If you have a great Instagram / Pinterest / Tumblr let us know! YOU WILL BE A PART OF THE BLOCK SHOP FAMILY so we want to get to know you.
- Why do you want to do graphic design at Block Shop?
- What’s another brand you admire whose product design, web design, and Instagram align in a beautiful way that gives you a strong sense of who they are as a company? Tell us why.
- Design engaging and on-brand graphic communications for print and web, including website and social media graphics, newsletter layout, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials as needed
- Editing photos for website and marketing
- Create linesheets and press pdfs
- Maintaining and updating our website (Shopify)
- Fielding media requests
- Manage and organize dropbox
- Assist co-founders in textile design process
- 2-3 days a week in studio
- Hourly wage
- Must be in the LA area and able to come to Block Shop studio 2-3 times a week
Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop (experience with photography and retail a plus)
- Shopify and e-commerce background preferred
- Strong photo editing skills
Good command of color theory, typography, layout and composition, and overall design concept
- Familiarity with our brand identity
- Fluency in HTML & CSS a plus
- Must take direction well - designer will work directly with our Creative Director
- Must be self motivated, extremely organized and detail oriented
- Laptop required, with recent Adobe Creative Suite software
- Are you a team player and fun to be around? We care more about culture fit than prior experience as long as you have the skills. Can’t wait to meet you!